Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sports Photography Assignment #1 - Mudbugs Hockey Game by Lindsey Frankovich








For our stop action sports assignment, I had the opportunity to shot the Northern Conference Semifinals: Game One, between the #1 Bossier-Shreveport Mudbugs vs. #4 Texas Brahmas hockey game on March 30 at the CenturyTel Center. After trying to rally back in the 3rd quarter, the Mudbugs lost 3-1. I took Mr. Pearson up on his offer to set one of us up for an opportunity to work shadow and shoot the game, he referred me to Doug Collier, a fellow Shreveport Times photographer. I was able to stand in the press box, between the players boxes, directly on the ice. It was EXCELLENT, with no glass for protection, but I must say the players were pretty good about saying HEADS UP!!! I loved every minute of it, I have always loved sports photography, but this was a defining moment for me. Thank you so much Shane, Greg, and Doug for the opportunity. During my twenty minutes in the press box I shot 555 pictures, I was trigger-happy. Caught up in the action and the excitement… the moment, I tried to play with my lines, framing, and depth of field. It took me a minute to adjust to the lighting in the stadium, but I think it turned out pretty good. I’m pleased with photos, although, I must admit it was hard to narrow the selection down to six. Hope I picked the correct photos and everyone enjoys. Let me know what you think…

1 comment:

Greg Pearson said...

Great job! Way to take the initiative to find a way to cover something you have a passion for and following through with nice images!