Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Katie's sports assignment





I did my assignment at the monster truck show. Monster trucks, lawn mower races and drunk people. It was great. I know that monster truck racing isn't really a sport. But if NASCAR and curling are sports... why not lawn mower racing?

I decided to be rather ambitious with my assignment. I don't remember what Greg called it, but it's where you slow down the shutter speed and move the camera as the object is going by to create a blurry background.

Sounded like fun and I tried it. He said that it was hard. He wasn't lying.

3 comments:

Greg Pearson said...

PANNING! Excellent! You'll go nowhere without experimentation and trial and error.

JDGraficARt said...

It looks like you are moving with the vehicles as they are moving too. Very good action scenes. I bet it was really interesting to see people race lawn mowers.

Shane Bevel said...

That's right, stepping out to try to make something different is the best way to learn... and the best way to fail.... and the best way to succeed. Good job.