Monday, April 7, 2008

Kelley Owens Action Sport Assignment






For our stop action sport assignment I decided to do golf. I had heard that this would be a difficult sport to capture, but I thought since I enjoy playing golf this would be a great challenge. My love for the sport has not changed but through this assignment, but my love for photographing it has. It was very difficult to catch the club impacting the ball so most of my good shots where ether before or after the impact. By putting the camera right on the ground I could get some good putting action shots, and after some good luck I got a great sand trap shot of the ball and flying sand. Although I love shotting wildlife and outdoor photography and love playing golf I do not enjoy photographing golf. I hope you guys enjoy these shots and if you get board and have nothing else to do check out some of my other photographs on my other blog. http://fishimagesinc.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Greg Pearson said...

I love the low angles for the putting shots. Good job changing it up and showing us something we might not normally see.

JDGraficARt said...

I also like the way you got different actions in the scene (even though you mainly got only one person) It makes it look like you were in a crowd at a Pro Tour almost. good job

Shane Bevel said...

As far as the club and the ball, remember that in covering a golf tournament that you are never allowed to shoot during a players backswing OR before impact. So almost all golf photos are just after impact.

The low angle is great...