Sunday, April 6, 2008

For our assignment on sports photography, I went out to the park. I took pictures of a softball game. It was really hard to get good pictures because of the fence! Even when I went up in the stands, the fence was higher than me. The first picture shows the girls celebrating with one another after the pitcher(#9) struck out a girl. I liked the action on this shot because you see the girls high-fiving each other & you can tell they're having a good time. I thought this second picture looked really crazy! She's getting ready to pitch the ball, but it looks like she'd never be able to see where the ball was going! I liked this 3rd pic because I caught the umpire calling a strike on the girl. I also like the extension on the catcher's arm. My 4th pic shows the pitcher from the other team. I like this picture because of the motion I caught her in. Even though it's through a fence, this picture still came out pretty clear.










2 comments:

Greg Pearson said...

Nice moment at the mound. I think you have the right idea, but curse those darn fences and nets! Try moving as close as possible...you can often shoot straight through! I'm sure Shane can explain in detail how to get "around" a net or fence.

Shane Bevel said...

The first thing to do is to get on the other side of the fence. Shoot out the dugout or just beyond the dugout along the inside of the fence. Stay alert! Those balls hurt!

The other thing you can do is zoom in as far as possible and get as close to the fence as you can. That will make the fence nearly disappear.

Either way... check that white balance setting on the camera to get rid of that blue cast.