Wednesday, March 12, 2008





My photograhper that I used was Lauren Greenfield. When Shane showed us a series of her photographs I automatically thought of a way that I could use a spin off of her. I posed 4 of these pictures, however the very last one just happened, and I was able to catch that moment. I was taking a spin off of her small (anorexic) series of photos. I was trying to go in the direction of the "different styles of women". I wanted it to seem like the women during the day with the dressy jacket for the business woman during the day, and then the cocktail dress at night for night life. I don't know if I got it right this week. But I tried posing pictures, and it was harder than I thought it would be.

6 comments:

Amy said...

OHH, I did use my film camera. So that is why they are kind of grainy looking. Just wanted to let you know.

Unknown said...

I loved yours.

The subjects were totally sexy. Your settings were also apt and fun. Great work and keep it up. You do great work with models. There were a lot of photographers with only models in their portfolio at Magnum. I really liked yours better than some of them even. You grasp an easiness with your subjects so they seemed to be more natural than other professional models.

Good work and pass on the praise to your friends.

Peace,
Terri

Hiliary said...

Great photos!! I really liked how you spun it. The first picture is my favorite. Great job!!

Cristy said...

Hi Amy!
I like how you chopped their heads off. In those pictures, I was drawn in because it left what the girls looked like to the imagination.

Shane Bevel said...

The dramatic cropping combined with the static poses here allow us to focus on the subject. That subject may be clothing style, body style setting or comparisons, but other than the last image it is not the girls as individuals, its a more esoteric meaning isnt it?

Nice work. Lauren Greenfield is constantly working on new projects, if you like her work I suggest you continue to watch for her newest stuff. Head to the library or barnes and noble and check out her books (there are several)

faithrl said...

Amy...I thought you did a great job, I personally like Lauren Greenfield too. I love how you cropped the models heads as well...it does leave an imagination....great work!!!
Faith