Wednesday, March 26, 2008

ALPHAS STEP......

This weekend I was a judge in a pageant and one of the entertainment segments was a fraternity stepping. It really intrigued me and so I believe I have a photo story. My photo story is to follow the historically black fraternity of Alpha Phi Alpha. They are the first fraternity to be established and have many famous and influential people who have come from it including Civil Rights Activist Martin Luther King. I will follow the fraternity in Arkansas universities such as SAU, Henderson State University, UAMS, and any others I run into. I will detail the life of Alphas as they step, strut, party, education, and community service. I want to capture the story because it's such an exclusive society that many people never get to have access to.  I have connections so hopefully this will work out. Shane, I was wondering if I can use some of my photos from our first assignment, to incorporate in my story? 
Faith Green

1 comment:

Shane Bevel said...

Faith, I think this will be a fine project. As you work on it, remember to try and show us the things we cannot see for ourselves!