Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lindsey Frankovich - Assignment #5 Imitation of Larry Towell










For this week's assignment I chose to imitate Magnum photographer Larry Towell. I love the way his photographs show the relationship between man, nature and animal. I like the lighting and framing in his work and the angles he shoots from. When looking at his work, the photographs bring a sense of calm and gentleness, showing how mother nature and man-kind go hand-n-hand. I shot this assignment last Friday morning during the freak, but fast snow storm. I think my photos show the same gentle spirit and the emotions between man, animal and nature. Hope you guys enjoy...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great work with the snow!

I especially liked the one where you aimed the shot out the door from inside. Good work finding a threshold without any foot prints on it.

The snow made every shot lively. I also loved the color with the barn shots.

Super and my favorites of all the posts.

Peace,
Terri

Hiliary said...

Hello!! I really liked all of your pictures! Pictures 2 and 6 were my favorites. I also like the one of your subject and her dog. You were able to really capture moments between them. Good Job!

Cristy said...

Hi Lindsey!!

I kind of thought your subject had a big butt. My favorite photo is the one through the barn window. It captured the silence and peace of the snow.

Amy said...

Hey Lindsey. I really loved your photos. I think it was really amazing that we had snow, and you got some great photos out of it. My favorite is the one where you are standing inside the barn and shooting out. That's really good.

Shane Bevel said...

I am so glad that several of you made use of the snow instead of hanging out inside. The vivid color of the barn here certainly contrasts with the white and the color of the doors.

Beautiful work and an eloquent and accurate description.

JDGraficARt said...

Lindsey, these photos look great....I like photos of scenery and the pictures that I see that it looks like something you could see in a Country Living magazine. I like the way the snow made the pictures look so crisp and clean.

Very Good Job