Saturday, May 3, 2008

TEEN MOTHERS.......

First Choice Pregnancy Resource Center services women between ages 12-54 to help assist them along in pregnancies. In the history of the pregnancy center there has been an 11-year old come in for a pregnancy test when she should have been in school taking a math test. Little Jackie's story is not much different from a typical teenage mother trying to learn how to raise a child while still being a child herself.

Jackie Simpson, 16, became pregnant at the age of 12 with her first child.

Jackie gave birth to Janese at 13 years old, here they are outside in between church services

Jackie went to prom this year for her "sweet sixteen" with a group of friends. "I try to live a normal teenager's life, I do fun stuff but I have to take in account that I'm not coming home to an Xbox or Ipod, I'm coming home to a baby!"




Jackie gets some playtime in with Janese before it gets dark outside


Jackie is shown here shopping at a local store for diapers and necessities for Janese


Jackie holds the credit card that has her monthly child support from Janese's dad. "He really has no part in Janese's life, we are struggling and it seems he doesn't care."

Jackie gets some study time in while Janese is fast asleep. "I know I have made a mistake, I can tell by the looks I get from people, but I'm trying to learn from them and make myself better."








Janese goes to a local daycare where she gets off around 4:30 each evening and Jackie is there to wait for her.





Jackie pictured with her brother JaRoy have to wait outside about an hour each day after school until their parents come home to let them in.

Janese is now 2 years old, her 3rd birthday is coming in June. "I hope girls learn from my mistakes, but I'm happy with Janese, I love her, she is my world!"

1 comment:

Shane Bevel said...

Good job here. Now get out there over the next week and really dig in and capture this girl's unique relationship with her daughter and family. Maybe spend a morning at school with her. Or an afternoon at home with her family.

Keep it up!